need a suggestion

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2011
      I rearranged my marbling room when I moved it back inside for the winter
      and I have a tall shelf at the end of the big scarf tank now, so it makes it
      a bit more awkward for me. I was trying to marble a larger scarf - 15 x 72,
      which barely fits in my tank in the first place. Two of them folded before
      I could get the end down all the way. I had a helper and one time it was on
      her end, one time on mine, so I have blank places where it folded.

      Do you have any suggestions for toning them to match the rest of the scarf?

      One has a blank 2" horizontal band at the end of the scarf, so if I have to,
      I'll cut it off and re-hem it. The other one though, has a 2" wide diagonal
      place near the one end. It turned out great otherwise, so hate to give up
      on it. Usually I'm better at placing the scarves, but wasn't used to my new
      arrangement.

      I was using acrylic paint on methyl cellulose size on silk scarves that had
      been alumned. I also have silk paints available.

      Thanks for any suggestions.
      Sue Cole

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2011
        When I goofed up on scarves, or fabric, I have ghost marbled or overmarbled with great results. You can still see the spot if you look, but not too bad.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2011
          Overmarbling.