Paper Marbling in Istanbul

  • lilypudu
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
      Hello! I am a new member in search of some expert advice.

      I have some experience with paper marbling, which I gained through a job at the archives and rare books library at my university.

      I am now studying abroad in Istanbul and was interested in taking classes, or working with paper marblers here.

      Please point me to any and all information and opportunities: classes, individuals, workshops, book craft stores and resources, etc.

      Thank you so much for your help!
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
        Contact Hikmet Barutçugil at Ebristan.

        Susanne Krause

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "lilypudu" <walsh.lilia@...> wrote:

        > Hello! I am a new member in search of some expert advice.
        >
        > I have some experience with paper marbling, which I gained through a job at the archives and rare books library at my university.
        >
        > I am now studying abroad in Istanbul and was interested in taking classes, or working with paper marblers here.
        >
        > Please point me to any and all information and opportunities: classes, individuals, workshops, book craft stores and resources, etc.
        >
        > Thank you so much for your help!

      • mazruf786
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
          contact Hayrettin YANGÖZ.
          1453 PANORAMÝC MUSEUM. MARBLÝNG PAPER WORKSHOP
          TOPKAPI/ÝSTANBUL
          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "lilypudu" <walsh.lilia@...> wrote:

          > Hello! I am a new member in search of some expert advice.
          >
          > I have some experience with paper marbling, which I gained through a job at the archives and rare books library at my university.
          >
          > I am now studying abroad in Istanbul and was interested in taking classes, or working with paper marblers here.
          >
          > Please point me to any and all information and opportunities: classes, individuals, workshops, book craft stores and resources, etc.
          >
          > Thank you so much for your help!

        • Hüseyin KAYA
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2011
            I think you must go to (Küçük Ayasofya Camii) Little Hagia sophia
            mosque.Behind Hagia Sophia.Show to whom you ask. You can see too much
            marbling artist who is a master, in this area. For example; Fuat Başer,
            Yılmaz Eneş, Mahmut Peşteli(he is imam of this mosque).

            Good Luck

            Hüseyin KAYA
            www.huseyinkaya.org

            --
            Hüseyin KAYA
            Elektrik Mühendisi

            Ankara Tel: 0312 229 27 46 - 231 98 90
            Ankara Faks: 0312 229 37 35
            Cep : 0533 633 63 59

            www.eltaselektrik.com.tr

          • Lilia Walsh
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2011
              Hello,

              I am a little confused by your directions, as the Küçük Ayasofya is not
              behind the Hagia Sophia, but there is a center their that offers craft
              workshops, is this what you are refering to?

              Thank you for your help!

              -Lilia