Re: [Marbling] question about methocel longevity

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011
      Hi!
      My solution to that is to skim the size very well between each print to remove the contamination. I use whole sheets of newspaper laid on the size to clean it, and drag it over the side of the tray (much like the Turkish artists do) to keep excess size in the tray. If the paint is really misbehaving, (usual culprit is magenta that looks "clumpy"), I may skim it twice. I have had students that literally flooded the tray with dispersant (I usually use Photo-flo) and the paint would not float - again, multiple cleanings as described above took care of the issue.
      HTH!
      Caryl Hancock