Re: [Marbling] colors for marbling

  • John Ang Cheng Siew
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2001
      Dear Halle

      Interesting, any online resources we could check on?

      At 12:54 AM 26-05-2001 -0000, you wrote:
      >Has anyone tried Dye-na-Flo as their
      >"paint" for marbling? The blurbs that I've
      >read says it works well for marbling. it
      >sounds like it is a paint that acts and looks
      >more like a dye. i've seen demonstrations of
      >folks using it. The colors look very intense.
      > hallee

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :)

      John Ang Cheng Siew
      My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
    • hhumler@together.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26, 2001
        Here is the web site for jacquard - the
        maker of Dye-Na-Flo. They have a store
        locator page as they do not sell direct to the
        public, but I have seen this product in the
        Dick Blick catalog, although only in the 8
        jar set.
        http://www.jacquardproducts.com/
        productpages/dyenaflow.htm
        Hopefully one of our fellow marblers
        has tried this stuff - I hate to spend money
        on something that might not be the greatest.
        the other interesting thing is that they say
        it can be used on untreated fabric. if
        fabric, why not untreated paper???
        hallee