No Subject

  • DKMaurer1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 5:32 PM
      Hello Marbling Friends,

      Just wanted to clarify that the suminagashi site is not mine, nor is the
      artwork an example of my suminagashi marbling. Someone has rather crudely
      paraphrased parts of my first marbling book and misspelled my name when
      showing a copy of THE ULTIMATE MARBLING HANDBOOK. (It's Maurer-Mathison) Hope
      to have a website showing my work with a link to my marbling supply business
      soon. By the way, in the good ole days we were so cavalier about the hazards
      of alum that when we or one of our students weren't sure which end of the
      alumed paper was up we'd stick our tongue on the sheet to taste the correct
      side. My current excuse for the CRS syndrome.....
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1 6:22 PM
        so--i wonder who owns the site then?
        Jill

      • dkmaurer1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
          Hi Carol,

          I, too, found your post interesting....How long do you have to wait for the
          Createx holes to disappear? I have some Createx that is ten years old and
          still works fine, but the newer paints have more and more hole problems.
          When I complained and talked to the tech people, they replaced all the paint,
          but the new shipment had even larger holes, approaching swiss cheese size!
          Its been sitting around my studio for months, but still seems to have the
          problem. Someone (Laura perhaps?) mentioned that it might be due to an
          anti-foaming agent paint manufacturers sometimes put in. Now we need an anti
          anti-foaming agent.....

          Regards,
          Diane
        • leech541@aol.com