colors for marbling

  • hhumler@together.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2001
      Has anyone tried Dye-na-Flo as their
      "paint" for marbling? The blurbs that I've
      read says it works well for marbling. it
      sounds like it is a paint that acts and looks
      more like a dye. i've seen demonstrations of
      folks using it. The colors look very intense.
      hallee
    • John Ang Cheng Siew
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2001
        Dear Halle

        Interesting, any online resources we could check on?

        At 12:54 AM 26-05-2001 -0000, you wrote:
        >Has anyone tried Dye-na-Flo as their
        >"paint" for marbling? The blurbs that I've
        >read says it works well for marbling. it
        >sounds like it is a paint that acts and looks
        >more like a dye. i've seen demonstrations of
        >folks using it. The colors look very intense.
        > hallee

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        :)

        John Ang Cheng Siew
        My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>
      • hhumler@together.net
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2001
          Here is the web site for jacquard - the
          maker of Dye-Na-Flo. They have a store
          locator page as they do not sell direct to the
          public, but I have seen this product in the
          Dick Blick catalog, although only in the 8
          jar set.
          http://www.jacquardproducts.com/
          productpages/dyenaflow.htm
          Hopefully one of our fellow marblers
          has tried this stuff - I hate to spend money
          on something that might not be the greatest.
          the other interesting thing is that they say
          it can be used on untreated fabric. if
          fabric, why not untreated paper???
          hallee