Upcoming Classes

  • seenmymarbles@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
      Two bookarts classes I'll be teaching at John C. Campbell Folk Arts School in August:

      Marbling & Books-- Together at Last!
      Pat K. Thomas & Bob Meadows Aug. 7 - 13
      Learn to float colors and print historic marbled patterns on paper--and try inventing your own patterns, too. Then use these colorful papers to construct several books and boxes in a variety of designs, enhancing with beads, buttons...whatever you like. You'll gain double rewards working with two instructors with their unique paper and book perspectives. All levels welcome.

      And the weekend BEFORE:

      Quill Pen Making and Pigments
      Pat K. Thomas Aug. 5 - 7
      Explore a historic aspect of book arts you might not have considered. Use a pocketknife or similar blade to cut and fashion your own quill pen for writing or calligraphy. Then mix old recipes for inks from surprising materials! Combine with the following week of Marbling & Books for a well-rounded journey into book arts. No experience required.

      Registration & information: www.FolkSchool.org
      1-800-FOLK-SCH

      Feel free to pass on to book art & reenactment historian friends.
      Thanks!
    • Nancy Akerly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
        These sound great! If your marbling/book and box class is half as much
        fun as mine turned out to be, it will be a blast. Good for you! I can
        only imagine you are a wonderful teacher. I already know about your
        sharing and creative spirit - and your sense of fun shines through too.
        Way to go!
        Nancy

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>