A newcomer to the group

  • info@geleneksel-ebru.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2001
      Hi everybody,

      It is a great pleasure for me to join your group as a professional
      marbler practicing the art for 18 years.
      I am an aprentice of the late master of Traditional Turkish Marbling,
      Mustafa DUZGUNMAN
      and I am trying to preserve the ebru tradition in Turkey as I have
      learnt it from my master.
      I am an electronics engineer by education.

      I use both the traditional ( natural dyes, no alum and traditional
      patterns ) and western techniques.
      In addition to traditional patterns, I make miniatures and
      calligraphic examples using the stencil technique.
      I also use 24 carat gold as dye. You can see examples of all these
      and my master's in my web site
      www.geleneksel-ebru.com ( Thanks to Jake Benson and Ingrid Wiesmann
      for announcing this site to your group ).

      It will be a pleasure for me to discuss problems of marbling with
      you, share my experiences and learn yours.

      The master of my master, Necmeddin OKYAY once said that;

      "Ebru is like magic, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't"

      So I wish good luck to all of you ! ! !

      Alparslan

      P.S. My previous mail was sent from my wife's internet account
      therefore it carries her name in the FROM field. I am re-sending this
      in order to prevent any misunderstanding. I hope correct information
      appears this time. Sorry for bothering, please ignore the previous
      one.

      Regards,

      Alparslan BABAOGLU