Midwest Marbling/Book/Box Classes

  • Nancy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      I will be teaching a week long class at The Clearing Folk School
      from May 29 to June 4, which may be of interest. "Paper Arts: Marbling, Boxes, & Books"
      will involve learning basic marbling techniques and making marbled papers, then
      using the marbled papers and paste papers we create to cover our own handmade boxes, journals and notebooks. We will make a basic box, a clamshell box, a hinged box, a spiral notebook, a miniature bound book, and cover a bound journal.

      Later in the summer and into the fall I will be teaching two workshops - the first is a two day Marbling/Box Making workshop, the second is a two day Playdate for Paper Nerds - all kinds of paper fun, including paper folding, unit origami, and both folded and stitched books.

      The Clearing is in Northern Door County, Wisconsin, and is a magical place for
      learning, contemplation, and a refreshing chance to study in a beautiful
      natural setting. If you wish more information, please see The Clearing's website at : www.theclearing.org or call for a catalog at 920-854-4088, or toll free at 877-854-3225.

      Hope to see you there!

      Nancy Akerly
      http://web.me.com/nakerly/Site/Liberty_Grove_Paper_Arts.html