Marbling with oil

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2011
      Ask Janrein van Oostrum about marbling with oil. He is Dutch, but fluent in English (and several other languages as well) and a very friendly person. His papers are typical oil marbles, i.e. not as finely drawn as with watercolour; and he wisely never tries to make them look like watercolour. He has lots and lots of experience and I've seen him make patterns with oil that allegedly cannot be done with oil. I believe he is not in the group but if you're interested try Google.

      Susanne Krause
    • abkmoyo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
        Hello,

        I am new in this group but I would like to share my experiences with marbling as I am working with oil paints and I get very good results with it. You can see some of my papers in the photoalbum I posted. Nowadays I am using 'Norma' professional colors by Schmincke and mix them with pure oil of turpentine,refined, which produces very bright colors. But I am not making 'traditional' patterns, because I prefer 'freestyle' marbling, which I developed in years of experimenting with different materials and products.
        barbara kelnhofer

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de" <studio@...> wrote:

        > Ask Janrein van Oostrum about marbling with oil. He is Dutch, but fluent in English (and several other languages as well) and a very friendly person. His papers are typical oil marbles, i.e. not as finely drawn as with watercolour; and he wisely never tries to make them look like watercolour. He has lots and lots of experience and I've seen him make patterns with oil that allegedly cannot be done with oil. I believe he is not in the group but if you're interested try Google.
        >
        > Susanne Krause

      • Paul Henry
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2011
          I marble using oil colours( with turpentine) and water mixible oil colours
          I'm not a pure traditionalist about marbling and enjoy the fact that oil
          marbleing produces different results to watercolour and alum type.
          It is possible to get very bright colours, but the lines are not as fine,
          but to me that is a good thing
          You can see some examples in my gallery,

          http://paulhenrydesign.com/marbled%20paper.html

          marbled paper <http://paulhenrydesign.com/marbled%20paper.html>

          I've worked on all sort of different papers and fabrics, it's certainly
          worth trying, even if you move onto the more tradtional style later on.

          --
          paul