black scarves

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2011
      Iris, thanks, but I had used white and a bright fuschia pink with a lot of
      white in it and a turquoise. The only one that you could see was the pink,
      but it came out like a dark purple that you could barely see, so I figured I
      would have to handpaint the rest of the black scarves. I've started working
      with the Procion MX dyes and have over dyed some of the marbling ones that
      didn't turn out as well as I liked them. I plan to also dye some first in
      plain colors, then marble them. The kind of dyeing I have been doing gives
      a mottled or "crystal effect" for the most part, because I do them in the
      microwave but I plan to try some other things with them.

      Also, I sent for a book called "Paper Dyeing for Collage & Crafts" by Gloria
      Foss and Susan Rogers-Aregger where she uses fabric dyes and oil paints to
      get different types of painted tissuepapers. I figured I would use up my
      leftover dyes on those.

      http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Dyeing-Collage-Crafts-Gloria/dp/0972342036 I
      bought it direct from the author, Susan.

      I also make paste and painted papers. I'm always experimenting.
      Sue