Re: Marbling Bandannas

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2011
      RE: marbling bandannas. I've made most of my own tanks out of wood -
      think they are called 1 x 2;'s or 1 x 4's for the sides and scrap paneling
      that I found for the back, then lined them with visqueen which I duct taped
      down on the outside. You can also make a pvc "frame" and line it with
      visqueen (clear plastic sheeting). I used a double layer of the heaviest
      visqueen, I think it was 6 ml if I remember correctly and I marble bandannas
      from dharma and silk scarves from Dharma. For the bandannas, be sure to get
      the ones with the cotton stitching, otherwise you will have white stitching
      showing up on marbled work.
      You will need a human helper unless someone else has come up with something
      to lay the bandannas on the marbled gel. I tried making some from dowels
      with pins in them like I had seen done in a book and it was too frustrating
      for me to use, so I just get a person when I do them.
      Sue

    • Isaac Trimmell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2011
        Thanks a bunch guys! I can't wait. Well I guess Ill have to wait till I get some paints. Thanks a lot!

        Isaac T