Marbling class at Arrowmont

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
      Happy New Year to All - may all your colors float!

      The Arrowmont School of Art and Craft (Gatlinburg, Tennessee) catalog came earlier this week, and what an amazing thrill to see my name listed as the instructor for an introductory class on marbling in it! www.arrowmont.org.

      The class begins on Thursday, March 17 in the afternoon and ends on Sunday afternoon the 20th.

      We will be covering marbling on both paper and fabric and include suminagashi, a form of Japanese marbling from Japan that dates to the 11th century. This technique of floating inks on water can also be done on fabric.

      There are few things more fun in my opinion than playing with floating, moving colors! If you are interested, it would be great to see you!

      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

    • Heidi Pettitt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
        Hello All,

        I've been trying to teach myself suminagashi and have had some success, but I would really like to take a workshop or an individual lesson with someone.  I live in Dubuque, IA, but I would be willing to travel a couple of hours for the right class.  Does anyone know of anyone I can contact?

        Thanks,
        Heidi Pettitt
        Dubuque, IA

      • dkmaurer1
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
          Hi Heidi,

          I'd be happy to help you with any problems if you'd like to call me in
          PA @ 814-422-8651.

          Diane
          www.dianemaurer.com

        • kmokri
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
            Diane,
            Are you offering any classes? I can tell by your area code that you are relatively close to me. I live in Northeast Ohio.
            KMokri