Guinness record ! largest Ebru

  • oguzhan t
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2010
      Trabzon Kanuni Anadolu High School students
      guided by their teacher Ali Þentürk
      made their attempt in a vat sized 30 m by 1.75 m,
      4500 square feet.
      According to local news this work has passed the candidate status.

      While I was thinking of informing you about this event,
      I became aware of yet another attempt with 4700 square feet
      which was made by the students of Akdeniz University in Isparta.

      On the other hand I remember Hikmet Barut marbling cloth
      to be made into curtains for a five star Mediterranean hotel,
      although his vat was smaller than these
      he marbled the entire roll of cloth
      without cutting the material to curtain sizes.

      Thus although not registered for the record
      Hikmet's marbled curtain cloth was and is
      the largest not officially recorded feat.

      Sizewise I personally think the smallest
      and finest Ebru or better yet marbling belongs
      may he RIP,Christopher Weimann who set the record.
      Happy marbleous new year,
      oz