Re: drops by local Ebru artists

  • zozo7bra
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2010
      Tesekuler

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "oguzhan t" <uygur13@...> wrote:

      > Close to 20 well known Ebru artists exhibit their works
      > 24-31 November in Istanbul.
      >
      > also the Islamic art collection of Aga Khan is on exhibit at the Sabancý Museum,apparently the artwork is headed to Toronto based Aga Khan museum for its opening.
      >
      > Classical Turkish Arts foundation is organizing diverse exhibitions
      > related to book arts till december.

    • jemiljan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2010
        One of the Indian marbled miniature paintings, of a European Doctor, will be on exhibition as part of the Aga Khan collection at the Sakıp Sabancı Museum. As far as I am aware, this piece has never been exhibited before. In fact, I believe that it is the very first time that an original one of these Indian miniature paintings has ever been exhibited in Turkey. That said, I don't see that the catalog is available yet on the Sabancı Museum website, but hopefully it will be soon. The exhibition will be on view until the end of February.

        http://muze.sabanciuniv.edu/exhibition/exhibition.php?lngExhibitionID=106&bytLanguageID=2

        Jake Benson