Re: [Marbling] Re:German Marbled paper

  • Jemma Lewis
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 25, 2010
      Susanne,

      Many thanks for your reply, the group has definately given me plenty of
      ideas to consider!

      In some respects its reassuring to read that it is something that is
      industrially produced, as I couldnt quite see how numerous papers could be
      made from my workshop - in the same way I can with my traditional marbling
      anyway!
      Thanks also for the note on the glossiness, I often get sent marbled papers
      to match that have quite a gloss to them, and I have always believed that
      they must have been glossed or laminated by machine.

      For one off papers though I would really like to try the technique using two
      sheets of glass.

      Someone else has also suggested to me that I mix a water soluble pigment
      with potato paste, paint onto a sheet and then add a secondary colour mixed
      with oxgall or Acidum aceticum, which is sprinkled onto the still wet sheet.

      Thanks again!

      Jemma