help with marbling craft projects

  • collinsbonnie83
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2010
      Hi Marblers,
      My mother, who is 93yo, took a paper marbling class a number of years ago when she was at John C Campbell folk school. I am having here in mid. Ga for a visit this coming week and one of the things she wants to do is try some more marbling. She has a couple of books she bought at the class and some supplies which she is bringing. She gave me the address of Blick which she had from class and I ordered her the basic set of paints she wanted for the marbling. She wasn't sure about the paper so I checked the internet (which is how I later found you guys) and saw where several people recommnded tex o print? so I ordered some sheets from Galen?. Have read posts from your group talking about a problem with some paper having changes in the buffering quality and affecting the marbling qualities, I hope this will not be a problem for us. She enjoys making ear rings, painting (and has done some nice work on some), traveling and lots of other things. When she did the paper before, we used some for wrapping small gifts and she made some small boxes by folding the papers and we used those to put small gifts in such as the ear rings. Being new at this ( I do mostly fiber art such as spinning, bobbin lace, etc), I'd appreciate any ideas on some inexpensive papers, etc. that I can get locally to try and any ideas for projects with the paper. I'd like to try some kind of coating on the little folded boxes to protect them more when handled, etc. Would also like covering some boxes with the paper and then some kind of clear coating, again to protect and preserve it better. Any ideas on what I might use. Thanks for any help, ideas you can give me- sorry this is so long.
      bonnie c