Sulphite paper and class

  • dkmaurer1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16 2:18 PM
      Wow! Terrible news about the sulphite paper. I have lots, and now wonder if some of it is buffered. I called Blick and through them, got to the manufacturer. Spent some time explaining marbling to a very interested woman who went to my website oohing and ahhing. She is trying to find out when the buffering began. That way I can check my invoices and see if I have to test it before a class, although I probably will anyway.... I'll report anything I find out, but wanted to make sure no one else has this info already. Thanks for the good news on the Talas paper. I'll surely get some. BTW I still have spaces in my suminagashi class being taught inĀ Pittsburgh on October 2nd. Details are on my website www.dianemaurer.com

      Best,
      Diane

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16 3:49 PM
        Diane....get a PH pen. If the mark on the paper turns purple....bad. If it stays yellow, good. Blick doesn't have a clue about any of it from the CC content to acidity to the grain of the paper. Their customer service dept. is taking mine back. I shipped yesterday.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16 5:08 PM
          Hi, Iris,
          Many thanks again for all your information. Where does one get a pH pen?
          TIA! Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

          Diane....get a PH pen. If the mark on the paper turns purple....bad. If it stays yellow, good. Blick doesn't have a clue about any of it from the CC content to acidity to the grain of the paper. Their customer service dept. is taking mine back. I shipped yesterday.
          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com<;http://www.marblingpaper.com/>

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16 5:14 PM
            Try this: http://www.dickblick.com/products/acid-testing-pen/<http://www.dickblick.com/products/acid-testing-pen/>
            Ha ha, They should try it on their own paper!! I think it says acid or not, not the exact PH.

            www.marblingpaper.com<;http://www.marblingpaper.com/<http://www.marblingpaper.com%3c;http//www.marblingpaper.com/>>