Marbling onto a wooden fruit tea caddy

  • Jemma Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2010
      Hello,

      I wonder whether someone might be able to offer me some advice on what I think is German Marbling...
      I have a customer who would like me to decorate a wooden, apple shaped tea caddy, its newly carved from swiss pear wood.
      An original of this style is worth up to £10,000 so this is a replica.
      He would like it 'marbled' in the same style as the original.
      Although a marble like effect I dont believe its done in the tradtional way. I think the paint(s) have probably been sprinkled directly onto the object to create a muted speckled effect.
      I have found a similar example, although a different shape, on the internet: http://www.antiques.co.uk/antique/Wine-Barrell-Tea-Caddy---

      In anyone knows how this effect is achieved, particually applying to wood, i'd be most grateful to hear from you as this is something I would really like to try.

      Many thanks and hope someone might be able to offer insight!

      Jemma Lewis