Re: 2002 Gathering

  • rondelay@onthenet.com.au
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 3:29 PM
      I would be interested to receive the latest information re the Gathering in
      2002.

      Vi Wilson
      Australia
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24 5:05 AM
        Dear Vi and Marbling community,

        An announcement containing the following e-mail information is going out
        soon on our new stationery. The letter also refers to the International
        Marblers' Clearinghouse form that Marie is collecting for current directory
        of marblers'. That is not included in this e-mail.

        Sixteen and a half months to go until opening night!

        Best to all, Laura

        Dear Fellow Marblers,

        You may have gotten wind of plans for an International Marblers� Gathering.
        It�s all true�IMG 2002, �Images, Surfaces, Devices� is in the works. Our
        mission statement is �A symposium covering the historical past and
        traditional uses of marbling, as well as the contemporary expansion of the
        marbling field�. The Gathering will be held at Arrowmont School of Arts and
        Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN, September 4-8, 2002. Arrowmont, considered one of
        the finest schools for art and handcrafts in the United States, has a
        wonderful facility with studio space, a gallery, and room and board. The
        event is being co-hosted by the Southeast Marblers� Guild and Arrowmont.
        Laura Sims is chairing the Planning Board which includes Patty Schleicher,
        Mimi Schleicher and Nancy Lawrence. Jake Benson is the coordinator for
        international presenters and Marie Palowoda has been organizing the mailing
        list.

        Please fill out the International Marblers� Clearinghouse form and return it
        to Marie Palowoda. Marie is organizing a directory of marblers that will be
        available at the conference. If you know of people who should get a
        Clearinghouse form please make a few copies and share them. Also, if you
        have additional addresses that you would like to share please contact Marie
        in one of the following ways: email- marie@...,
        phone- 970-352-3524 or post- Marie Palowoda, 2605 W. 19th St. Rd., Greeley,
        CO 80634.

        Another exciting event in our marbling world is the online community
        marblers� site co-hosted by Jill Dolphin and John Ang Cheng Siew. The email
        address is marbling@yahoogroups.com . In the case of an address change,
        access the group through a search engine (ex. Google) using group/marbling
        or community/marbling. It has been a wonderful way to network with other
        new and experienced marblers, as well as providing an informative archive of
        past correspondence.

        Best Regards,
        Laura Sims & the IMG 2002 Planning Board

        � A special thanks goes to the Commercial Art Department of Southwestern
        Community College in Cullowhee, North Carolina for their participation in
        the IMG 2002 logo competition. Barbara Murray, a commercial art student
        there, donated her time to design our conference logo.
        � Also, sincere thanks go to the Southern Highland Craft Guild for in-kind
        services.

        Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
        P.O. Box 567 Gatlinburg, TN 37738 www.arrowmont.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27 4:53 PM
          Dear Laura:

          Thank you for the information. The calendar has been suitably marked!

          Vi
        • Laura Sims
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28 4:26 PM
            Dear Vi,

            To get on the mailing list for conference registration please e-mail your
            snail mail to Marie Palowoda at marie@.... The registration/exibition
            packet will go out January 2002.

            Best, Laura