Bingül's response

  • oguzhan t
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2010
      The reason we do not have many homes for the elderly in Turkey,
      is due to our traditional values of revering the elderly people,
      and our nationally mutual compassion for whoever they may be.

      Times are changing but Turkish ethical code in many aspects have not changed yet and therefore I find it very untraditional and impolite for group friend Bingül not to promptly show the courtesy
      to answer highly esteemed (elder) member of Turkish Ebru and international marbling world of artists Mr Feridun Özgören,
      his questions -which are asked in the name of a community,
      to clarify some points about Ebru history which Ms Bingül seems to have announced on public information channels.
      Every serious artist may also be the custodian of his choice of art form and be responsible for knowing the history of that art form.
      In the past group communication I had also brought to mutual attention some rumours about Ebru ,and had the honour of receving Mr Özgören's criticisms and request for my sources of knowledge or better yet the rumours.

      This yahoo group seems to harbour a lot of valuable data on marbling history,and Ebru history,and techniques,and proper choice of materials,
      and answers to questions related to this art form;
      and surprisinly by the best people in their fields Ms Iris Nevins and Ms Krause from Germany to name a few globally respected individuals for their knowledge ,
      and membership range from internationally acknowledged masters to newcomers to the floating colors world.

      On behalf of the Turkish members to this group,
      we owe a proper and academically acknowledged information
      on traditional Turkish Ebru,
      and Mr Özgören's questions simply help us
      to stay on this righteous path
      to keep the facts clear from fictive information.

      If Ms Bingül feels too generous on spreading word on Ebru,
      then she will be responsible to answer questions which may arise from her attempts in the name of Ebru,
      which in itself is an honourable feat.
      wishing her success in promoting Turkish Ebru,
      also promptness to answer questions that she bring to surface and alertness to still the thirst of those genuinely dedicated lovers of Ebru on a very valuable cultural exchange platform such as this one.
      we remain,
      EBRU-PA ebru artists on the european side of Istanbul.

      post scriptum :Due to Islamic fasting period of Ramadan,
      Istanbul is drowning in traditional Turkish art exhibitions,demonstrations and seminars scattered all over Istanbul,
      on the major spots attracting the innocent crowds.
      Sultanahmet,Taksim,Beyazýt,Üsküdar, are the announced locations.
      The european culture capital Istanbul 2010 project,
      established a website for the traditional masters living in Istanbul,
      though I am listed in the glass arts section and pinned on the map of Istanbul,
      there are also an abundance of Istanbul Ebru artist and craftspeople marked on the map of Istanbul.
      for your information.