Hello Everyone

  • Bobbie Gibel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2001
      What a great group! I have been lurking for several months and finally
      decided to get off my duff and join in. Marie Palowoda told me about this
      site - Hi Marie and thanks! I have been marbling for about 12 years. I
      love fabric (I used to weave before the marbling bug bit). I marble mostly
      silk yardage. I use acrylic fabric paint on methyl cellulose. I don't do
      traditional patterns, and am always trying to figure out a new way to
      manipulate the paint to get a different look. I do lots of experimenting and
      overmarbling. I'm looking forward to the 2002 Gathering. The only one I
      have been able to attend was in San Francisco. It was wonderful and very
      inspiring. It will be fun to meet all of you fellow marblers!
      Regards,
      Bobbie Gibel(I'm really Barbara, but so is half the female population in my
      age group, so I became Bobbie)
    • rondelay@onthenet.com.au
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22, 2001
        I would be interested to receive the latest information re the Gathering in
        2002.

        Vi Wilson
        Australia
      • Laura Sims
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2001
          Dear Vi and Marbling community,

          An announcement containing the following e-mail information is going out
          soon on our new stationery. The letter also refers to the International
          Marblers' Clearinghouse form that Marie is collecting for current directory
          of marblers'. That is not included in this e-mail.

          Sixteen and a half months to go until opening night!

          Best to all, Laura

          Dear Fellow Marblers,

          You may have gotten wind of plans for an International Marblers� Gathering.
          It�s all true�IMG 2002, �Images, Surfaces, Devices� is in the works. Our
          mission statement is �A symposium covering the historical past and
          traditional uses of marbling, as well as the contemporary expansion of the
          marbling field�. The Gathering will be held at Arrowmont School of Arts and
          Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN, September 4-8, 2002. Arrowmont, considered one of
          the finest schools for art and handcrafts in the United States, has a
          wonderful facility with studio space, a gallery, and room and board. The
          event is being co-hosted by the Southeast Marblers� Guild and Arrowmont.
          Laura Sims is chairing the Planning Board which includes Patty Schleicher,
          Mimi Schleicher and Nancy Lawrence. Jake Benson is the coordinator for
          international presenters and Marie Palowoda has been organizing the mailing
          list.

          Please fill out the International Marblers� Clearinghouse form and return it
          to Marie Palowoda. Marie is organizing a directory of marblers that will be
          available at the conference. If you know of people who should get a
          Clearinghouse form please make a few copies and share them. Also, if you
          have additional addresses that you would like to share please contact Marie
          in one of the following ways: email- marie@...,
          phone- 970-352-3524 or post- Marie Palowoda, 2605 W. 19th St. Rd., Greeley,
          CO 80634.

          Another exciting event in our marbling world is the online community
          marblers� site co-hosted by Jill Dolphin and John Ang Cheng Siew. The email
          address is marbling@yahoogroups.com . In the case of an address change,
          access the group through a search engine (ex. Google) using group/marbling
          or community/marbling. It has been a wonderful way to network with other
          new and experienced marblers, as well as providing an informative archive of
          past correspondence.

          Best Regards,
          Laura Sims & the IMG 2002 Planning Board

          � A special thanks goes to the Commercial Art Department of Southwestern
          Community College in Cullowhee, North Carolina for their participation in
          the IMG 2002 logo competition. Barbara Murray, a commercial art student
          there, donated her time to design our conference logo.
          � Also, sincere thanks go to the Southern Highland Craft Guild for in-kind
          services.

          Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
          P.O. Box 567 Gatlinburg, TN 37738 www.arrowmont.org

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2001
            Dear Laura:

            Thank you for the information. The calendar has been suitably marked!

            Vi
          • Laura Sims
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 28, 2001
              Dear Vi,

              To get on the mailing list for conference registration please e-mail your
              snail mail to Marie Palowoda at marie@.... The registration/exibition
              packet will go out January 2002.

              Best, Laura