marbled silk scarves

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 2:27 PM
      When I make marbled silk scarves, I wash the scarves, then alum and iron
      them. Then I use acrylic paints thinned down on either carageen gum or
      methyl cellulose mixed as a gel in a tank. I would think you can buy
      acrylic paints in the UK. Then I let them hang for a day, then rinse them,
      put them in the dryer for a half hour, then iron them to finish heat setting
      them.

      There are numerous books and 2 good dvd's showing how to marble.
      HTH
      Sue