Re: is anyone familiar with

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
      Gerst├Ącker is a German mailorder supplier for schools, kindergartens, amateurs and professional artists, anything between professional stuff and cheap trash. They have a selection of the great brands plus a line in their own name. I have ordered from them once in a while, experience is mixed.

      AP Fitzpatrick in London has Kremer pigments, try them.

      Susanne Krause
    • dguff
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
        I marbled silk scarves for a number of years and always had excellent results just using acrylic paints (Liquetex tubes thinned with water). I marble on carragheenan. I made an alum solution to put the scarves in, hung them up to dry and then lightly ironed them to get out the wrinkles...then marbled.

        Before marbling on silk, I would suggest you get good results on paper first to make sure the paints are going to work. Not all acrylic paints are marble user friendly. If they work on paper, they'll work on silk. One of the problems is that paint manufactures keep changing the formulas of their paints, so one tube color that works great one year, isn't the same exact formula the next.

        Hope this helps.

        d.guffey

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2010
          Try to find utrecht acrylics which are made in Germany but should be
          available somewhere in London. Utrecht has their own stores in the USA.

          John