Re: [Marbling] Gum Tragacanth

  • michelle kaye
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hi, I live in the UK and we use it for thickening the icing on cake decorations for flowers etc.  You can find it at most cake suppliers, ie. the ones that do really fancy ones like Christmas cakes, I bought some from ebay last week a huge tub for 8.00 british pounds, look at cake decorations etc.  Good luck.  I havnt used it yet as I am a begginer

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
        Hi, Im new to marbling and just got back from Turkey I was amazed and want to do it her, I have located tragacanthe from a cake decorator they use it to make petals etc.  I bouth mine from Ebay really cheap.. Please could you tell me the amount and method of mixing etc so that I can try my first batch..  I am in the UK and I need a sourced for the paints, could you help me here also.
        Thank you soo much.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
          great tip. thanks.

          Best Regards, Elizabeth
          http://ecollage.wordpress.com

          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. — Thomas Edison