Re: [Marbling] Re: New to this Group

  • John Goode
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2010
      Hi I Looked and I personally feel its crap!
      Its going to be great to sell up against that in the marketplace because of
      it s perfectness people will think of it as easy and cheap which is what
      is.....Its a sad for for the originals :(
      John Goode

      On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Nancy Akerly <nakerly@...> wrote:

      > Hi Debbie, Thanks for sending the link. I think the card designs are really
      > quite lovely - but it takes the one-of-a-kind art quality out of the end
      > results. But then so does mass production of any kind, so who is to say it
      > is not
      > still art? I really love the unique quality of each and every piece I
      > create. I wonder how the digital marbling is accomplished.
      > Nancy
      >

      > On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:17 AM, Debbie wrote:
      >

      > > Hi John -
      > > Thanks for responding to my post & thanks for the welcome !
      > > As for computer program digital marbling - have you or anyone seen this ?
      >

      > > http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModernMarbling?section_id=7142895
      > >
      > > This is why I was asking the question as to what you all think about
      > this. And since I got only one response, I'm guessing it's not an important
      > issue. Which is a good thing I think.
      > >
      > > Thanks again,
      > > Debbie

    • Debbie
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
        Hi Nancy -
        Thanks much for responding. I have to agree with you on the one-of-a-kind quality part. The sad part is that there will always be those that don't care if it's one-of-a-kind or not.
        I don't know how that particular person did the digital marbling. When I asked, they were fairly vague in the explaination which is of course their option.
        I took photo's of my own marbled papers and began playing with them in my photo editing program. It didn't take much to completely change the colors of the original. I am thinking that MAYBE this is what was actually done. I have no idea if that's true - I am just guessing.
        To your question of is it still art ? Maybe - because I was still changing MY original print by changing the colors. I think if I do that sort of thing with MY OWN papers no harm done. Also, as a side, I'm one of those folks that does not consider myself an artist. I'm pretty much a crafter. :)
        Thanks again for your input ! I enjoy reading everyone's opinions.
        Debbie

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Akerly <nakerly@...> wrote:

        > Hi Debbie, Thanks for sending the link. I think the card designs are really quite lovely - but it takes the one-of-a-kind art quality out of the end results. But then so does mass production of any kind, so who is to say it is not
        > still art? I really love the unique quality of each and every piece I create. I wonder how the digital marbling is accomplished.
        > Nancy
        >

        > On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:17 AM, Debbie wrote:
        >

        > > Hi John -
        > > Thanks for responding to my post & thanks for the welcome !
        > > As for computer program digital marbling - have you or anyone seen this ?
        > >
        > > http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModernMarbling?section_id=7142895
        > >
        > > This is why I was asking the question as to what you all think about this. And since I got only one response, I'm guessing it's not an important issue. Which is a good thing I think.
        > >
        > > Thanks again,
        > > Debbie

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
          Hi Ginny -
          I think that's what she's doing. Photographing her originals and manipulating them - like I've done with my own papers as mentioned above.
          I'm not worried about digital marbling. I was just curious is all. I have no intention of selling anything I do. I've been enjoying learning a new art/craft. :) I've never painted a darned thing in my life so this is really new & very interesting for me ! :)
          I haven't decided if it's something I will continue to do but for now, I'll have fun with it.
          Thanks very much for responding Ginny.
          Debbie

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Virginia Moreland <colortwirl@...> wrote:

          > Debbie,
          > I think it's an interesting question. The shop profile for
          > ModernMarbling indicates that she does traditional marbling as well. So if
          > she is taking a photo of her original work and then digitally manipulating
          > it, that's a little different from just using a program to create it (in my
          > mind). I actually don't think there's any point in worrying about digital
          > marbling, but I do wish that those who sell it would include a little
          > background info about the craft.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Ginny
          >

          > On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Debbie <glassgirl410@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi John -
          > > Thanks for responding to my post & thanks for the welcome !
          > > As for computer program digital marbling - have you or anyone seen this ?
          > >
          > > http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModernMarbling?section_id=7142895
          > >
          > > This is why I was asking the question as to what you all think about this.
          > > And since I got only one response, I'm guessing it's not an important issue.
          > > Which is a good thing I think.
          > >
          > > Thanks again,
          > > Debbie
          > >

          > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com <Marbling%40yahoogroups.com>, John Goode
          > > <watermarktile@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Debbie
          > > > I find the computer stuff ugly :(
          > > > Just as decals and cutt paste things are just bad cheese but most will
          > > never
          > > > know.
          > > > one out of 99 even knows what this is and one out of 5000 even consider
          > > > buying the works I make....Not my loss its theirs welcome to Marbling:)
          > > > Its all about the beauty we all share!
          > > > John Goode

          > > art

          > > any

          > > am

        • mehmet sinan akdeniz
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
            Dear Marbling member

            I just create a movie HOW I create DIGITAL EBRU or what you call here DIGITAL MARBLING for whole member.

            I create this Digital Ebru from one of her (Michelle) pictures she took (the file very small so creation took only 3 minutes) I attached Digital Ebru here and you can watch movie here.

            http://www.digitalebru.info/digitalEbru.html

            Also you can create more without using pictures. You are using water and some pigments or colors and I use colors and software s and computer. What software? ( some of member wrote me e-mail and asked) I use photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter XI and lots of Plugins for photoshop.

            I hope you get some information about this Art

            M. Sinan Akdeniz

            Thanks much for responding. I have to agree with you on the one-of-a-kind quality part. The sad part is that there will always be those that don't care if it's one-of-a-kind or not.

            I don't know how that particular person did the digital marbling. When I asked, they were fairly vague in the explaination which is of course their option.

            I took photo's of my own marbled papers and began playing with them in my photo editing program. It didn't take much to completely change the colors of the original. I am thinking that MAYBE this is what was actually done. I have no idea if that's true - I am just guessing.

            To your question of is it still art ? Maybe - because I was still changing MY original print by changing the colors. I think if I do that sort of thing with MY OWN papers no harm done. Also, as a side, I'm one of those folks that does not consider myself an artist. I'm pretty much a crafter. :)

            Thanks again for your input ! I enjoy reading everyone's opinions.

            Debbie

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Akerly <nakerly@...> wrote:

            > Hi Debbie, Thanks for sending the link. I think the card designs are really quite lovely - but it takes the one-of-a-kind art quality out of the end results. But then so does mass production of any kind, so who is to say it is not

            > still art? I really love the unique quality of each and every piece I create. I wonder how the digital marbling is accomplished.

            > Nancy

            > On Aug 1, 2010, at 6:17 AM, Debbie wrote:

            > > Hi John -

            > > Thanks for responding to my post & thanks for the welcome !

            > > As for computer program digital marbling - have you or anyone seen this ?

            > > http://www.etsy.com/shop/ModernMarbling?section_id=7142895

            > > This is why I was asking the question as to what you all think about this. And since I got only one response, I'm guessing it's not an important issue. Which is a good thing I think.

            > > Thanks again,

            > > Debbie

          • Nancy Akerly
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
              Thanks so much - this actually is fascinating. And lovely. I am glad to have an explanation of how it is accomplished, but still think I will stick to my pigments, because that too is a great deal of fun!
              Nancy

              On Aug 2, 2010, at 4:44 PM, mehmet sinan akdeniz wrote:

              > Dear Marbling member
              >
              > I just create a movie HOW I create DIGITAL EBRU or what you call here DIGITAL MARBLING for whole member.
              >
              > I create this Digital Ebru from one of her (Michelle) pictures she took (the file very small so creation took only 3 minutes) I attached Digital Ebru here and you can watch movie here.
              >
              > http://www.digitalebru.info/digitalEbru.html
              >
              > Also you can create more without using pictures. You are using water and some pigments or colors and I use colors and software s and computer. What software? ( some of member wrote me e-mail and asked) I use photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter XI and lots of Plugins for photoshop.
              >
              > I hope you get some information about this Art
              >
              > M. Sinan Akdeniz

            • mehmet sinan akdeniz
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
                :) Of course Ebru of Marbling is another way of Fun, When I go to my Big house in Kusadasi Turkey I do same thing sometime I would like to feel and smell

                Thanks so much - this actually is fascinating. And lovely. I am glad to have an explanation of how it is accomplished, but still think I will stick to my pigments, because that too is a great deal of fun!

                Nancy

                On Aug 2, 2010, at 4:44 PM, mehmet sinan akdeniz wrote:

                > Dear Marbling member

                > I just create a movie HOW I create DIGITAL EBRU or what you call here DIGITAL MARBLING for whole member.

                > I create this Digital Ebru from one of her (Michelle) pictures she took (the file very small so creation took only 3 minutes) I attached Digital Ebru here and you can watch movie here.

                > http://www.digitalebru.info/digitalEbru.html

                > Also you can create more without using pictures. You are using water and some pigments or colors and I use colors and software s and computer. What software? ( some of member wrote me e-mail and asked) I use photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter XI and lots of Plugins for photoshop.

                > I hope you get some information about this Art

                > M. Sinan Akdeniz

              • Debbie
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2010
                  Wow ! Thanks very much for letting us in on the answer to this ! I really do appreciate it ! You most certainly can do one-of-a-kind prints using the computer and programs. Very cool.
                  And thank-you kindly for posting that link of your work.
                  I'm going to keep playing with the old fashioned way but this is really very interesting !
                  Thanks again.........
                  Debbie