Gum Tragacanth and book

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
      sometime ago, a link to this book in Turkish was sent to this group.
      http://ismek.ibb.gov.tr/ismek-el-sanatlari-kurslari/webedition/File/ekitap/ebru/ismekebru.pdf
      I have been unable to find anyone to help me translate it from Turkish. I
      tried Google translater, but so far it won't translate something that is in
      a pdf file. Does anyone know another way to get help from google or
      something else on this?

      I had printed it out and found someone at the University here that would
      help because I thought it was in Arabic, but he informed me that it was in
      Turkish, so now I'm back to square one. I thought it would be simple to go
      to google, but it wasn't.

      I also brought this up, because it is a very thorough book on marbling and
      talks about how to prepare the pigments and the binders in it, such as the
      tragacanth.

      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Sue

    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2010
        Sue, find yourself a copy of Hikmet Barutcugil's The Dream of Water. That's in plain English and should, if not for sale in the USA, at least be in the big libraries. In there are probably most of the answers you'll need. The rest is a) a good teacher b) practice.

        Translations by google are hilarious but next to incomprehensible.

        Susanne Krause
      • nihan buyuksezer