marbling video

  • Regina St. John
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27, 2010
      Here's a link to a marbling video, I'm sure you'll all enjoy seeing.

      http://www.wimp.com/paintingwater/

      Regina St John

    • Virginia Moreland
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2010
        Thanks, Regina. That's a nice one. I've never seen anyone spend so much
        time working on the back of the paper after it went down. Anyone know what
        that's about?

        Ginny Moreland
        Hickory, NC

        On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Regina St. John <Regstjohn@...>wrote:

        > Here's a link to a marbling video, I'm sure you'll all enjoy seeing.
        >
        > http://www.wimp.com/paintingwater/
        >
        > Regina St John

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010
          I too would like some feedback on working the back of the paper. This is the
          second video I have seen like this. The first had some rubbing on the back,
          but not nearly as extensive as this one.
          Linda Moran
          --
          An Ancient Art Made Modern!
          Marble-T Design
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010
            Making sure there are no air bubbles - burping them out like Tupperware?
            Susanne

            To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010
              It has been my experience that once the paper is laid down, no amount of
              manipulating (pushing or rubbing on the paper) will eliminate air bubbles.
              If that were the case then there would never be any air bubbles! Has anyone
              had success getting rid of air bubbles by the method shown in the video? If
              so, please let us know.

              d.guffey

              > Making sure there are no air bubbles - burping them out like Tupperware?
              > Susanne
              >
              > To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
              > From: marblers2008@...
              > Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:49:45 -0700
              > Subject: [Marbling] Re: marbling video

              > I too would like some feedback on working the back of the paper. This
              > is the
              >
              > second video I have seen like this. The first had some rubbing on the
              > back,
              >
              > but not nearly as extensive as this one.
              >
              > Linda Moran
              >
              > --
              >
              > An Ancient Art Made Modern!
              >
              > Marble-T Design
              >
              > http://www.marbledfab.com
              >
              > Blog: http://marbledmusings.com
              >
              > Visit us on Ebay - marblers76

              11:34:00

            • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 31, 2010
                As with making a veined paste paper in the pulling technique, the problem of bubbles stems (amongst other) most frequently from a bad technique in laying down the sheet on the size. You can get the air out (to a degree) by shoving it to the paper's edge, but it will always show.

                The video shows not more than a glimpse of the sheet, I wouldn't venture to say something about bubbles.

                My guess is, it's just one of the mannerisms that grow on you. I have not made a note of how many times he cleaned the tray's edge before pulling the sheet out, that is another one. Probably everyone has one or two of them.

                Susanne Krause
              • nuri
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
                  Hi dear marblers friends,

                  For your information: the gentleman on this video is Mr. Semseddin Ziya DAGLI who is the head of Graphics department at the Fine Arts Academy of AKDENIZ UNIVERSITY in Antalya-TURKEY.

                  Thank you for your attention and best regards...

                  nuri pinar
                  www.nuripinar.com