Re: [Marbling] Re: CARRAGEENAN

  • Ulrike
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2010
      Hi,
      I get mine at:
      http://marbleart.us/MarblingSupplies.htm
      Hope this helped,
      Ulrike
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: enidadams
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:24 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: CARRAGEENAN

      Hi Joe, It's not hard to find caragheenan or methyl cellulose for use as marbling size. I have worked on both with success. You adjust your colors differently, based on the viscosity of the size. What colors are you using?

      I am open to giving you lessons if you are willing to travel. I have taught in your area but have nothing coming up in the near future there. Short of that, I might be able to offer some helpful suggestions to specific questions by e-mail.

      Best regards,
      Enid
      enid@... or
      enidadams@...

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <r2d21069@...> wrote:

      > What is the difference between the food grade Carrageenan and the other used for Marbling? I understand that they are different, but in what way? I have tried the food grade, but I always get something that looks like flakes in the food grade. Do you get this in the Carrageenan used for Marbling?
      > Marbling is something that takes a lot of time to learn. Anyone on here live in Virginia? Looking for some lessons so I can keep my sanity :-)
      > This is something I really want to learn, so any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, I have been using Methyl Cellulose and this is hard to get right also.

    • Joe Casais
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
        Hello Enid.

        Sorry for the late reply but I never check my Yahoo mail. Guess I should start.
        Anyway, Where do you live because I might want the lessons. I want to be able to
        marble wood also with a primer. I did it once and it turned out OK, but I know
        it can get better with the proper lessons. My AOL address is zeek714@...
        This is the one I use most.

        Thanks again and God Bless