Re: [Marbling] Re: CARRAGEENAN

  • Ulrike
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2010
      Hi,
      I get mine at:
      http://marbleart.us/MarblingSupplies.htm
      Hope this helped,
      Ulrike
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: enidadams
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:24 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re: CARRAGEENAN

      Hi Joe, It's not hard to find caragheenan or methyl cellulose for use as marbling size. I have worked on both with success. You adjust your colors differently, based on the viscosity of the size. What colors are you using?

      I am open to giving you lessons if you are willing to travel. I have taught in your area but have nothing coming up in the near future there. Short of that, I might be able to offer some helpful suggestions to specific questions by e-mail.

      Best regards,
      Enid
      enid@... or
      enidadams@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 19, 2010
        Been away.... just saw this... yes, this is the right type. It never failed for me. I used the non food grade when they used to have it, it was a little cheaper, I saw or felt no difference. Seems the food grade is the only one available nowadays.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
          Hello Enid.

          Sorry for the late reply but I never check my Yahoo mail. Guess I should start.
          Anyway, Where do you live because I might want the lessons. I want to be able to
          marble wood also with a primer. I did it once and it turned out OK, but I know
          it can get better with the proper lessons. My AOL address is zeek714@...
          This is the one I use most.

          Thanks again and God Bless