Re: [Marbling] Re: CARRAGEENAN

  • lilly in nepa
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2010

      > What is the difference between the food grade Carrageenan and the other used for Marbling? I understand that they are different, but in what way?

      The food grade is not as saturated as the one for marbling. As for supplies I suppose you have tried Volcanarts and DharmaTrading? I like Volcartarts.biz the best.

      Elizabeth

    • Ulrike
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2010
        Hi,
        I get mine at:
        http://marbleart.us/MarblingSupplies.htm
        Hope this helped,
        Ulrike
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 19, 2010
          Been away.... just saw this... yes, this is the right type. It never failed for me. I used the non food grade when they used to have it, it was a little cheaper, I saw or felt no difference. Seems the food grade is the only one available nowadays.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2010
            Hello Enid.

            Sorry for the late reply but I never check my Yahoo mail. Guess I should start.
            Anyway, Where do you live because I might want the lessons. I want to be able to
            marble wood also with a primer. I did it once and it turned out OK, but I know
            it can get better with the proper lessons. My AOL address is zeek714@...
            This is the one I use most.

            Thanks again and God Bless