Paint Ratios

  • IsaacT
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2010
      I saw a thread talking about paints, and I for one use liquitex because it has got lots of colors and it is very easy to find.

      I have questions about consistencies though. I have no idea what t shoot for. Is there a certain ratio that usually works well?

      Another thing, I could get the paint ratios right by putting them in the carageenan, but If I do that I soil the Size.

      I use 1 to 2 gallons water with 2 tablespoon per gallon, in a 8 gallon bucket.

      What consistencies do you use?

      How do you determine if it is right?

      What do you use to mix it?
    • IsaacT
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 9:44 AM
        Hello?
      • marines bengoa
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1 10:53 AM
          Iris, You're such a great help in this group!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2 10:41 AM
              Thank you. I forgot all out ox gal and photoflo. That could easily be whats bringing my paints down. I am using foodgrade carageenan, which sees to work fine, I just wanted some help getting the consistency, and yes It did help alot, thanks. My next question is where do I buy "photoflo," and ox gal?
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2 11:16 AM
                Isaac, I and some others sell Ox gall, but if you are using acrylics, stick to Photo Flo, you'd need truckloads of gall to work with them. Go to any phot supple store, they will have it. A bottle will last forever. Dilute a few drops in 1/4 of water and use that drop by drop in the paint. If it has little effect use a few more drops of Photo-Flo in the mix.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2 12:43 PM
                  Thank you very much. So is Ox gall for oil? Or better yet, what is ox gall used with?
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2 1:52 PM
                    Ox gall is used with watercolors.
                    Thank you very much. So is Ox gall for oil? Or better yet, what is ox gall used with?