Re:Marbling Colors

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
      We use Utrecht colors, mixed by Galen Berry, an outstanding marbler. We used
      to use Ceramcoat exclusively until it seems they changed their formulas and
      we had trouble with them spreading well. Utrecht has evidently made a pledge
      not to change their paint formulas, and the colors are quite bright.

      Linda Moran in Tucson
      --
      An Ancient Art Made Modern!
      Marble-T Design
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
        Have you tried Dye - Flow from Jacquard?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
          I've used Liquitex since 1976, but over the years the formula changes for various colors. Some work quite well, others I can't get to work no matter what. I've had success with Utrecht as well. I only marble on carrageenan. I mix the paint with distilled water to get it to the right consistency, and I've never had to use a dispersant. The Liquitex works on both paper and silk (the only fabric I've marbled).

          d.guffey