Re: Marbling wood

  • artsycole
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2010
      The link on youtube is what I am remembering from watching people in the past. Thanks Wiping the excess paint off before you pull the object out is a good tip. That might have been causing some of the problems I was having, also the paint might have been too thick. I was using both Testor's paints and the Krylon enamel in the little jars that you get from the hardware store, but I was using it on plain water. I'll try the borax - I use that in my laundry all the time - works great for getting out sweat smells and stains.
      Thanks
      Sue
      Sue

      > Watch the video from the link below.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cY4LXZqX-w
      >
      > Take care and God Bless
      >
      > Joe

    • artsycole
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hopefully, this will not irritate too many people, but when replying to this group, PLEASE erase the former message(s) or just copy and paste the gist of what you are replying to. When you hit the "reply" button, it repeats all the messages related to that message over and over. I get them in digest mode and I have to scan through the whole thing to see if there is anything new in there. I believe this problem shows up in the regular message mode also.

        Also, the repeated messages take up storage space in Yahoo groups and our group is only allowed a certain amount and it also makes it harder to search through the archived messages because of all the repeats.

        On some of the other groups, they send out notices periodically, that remind people of this by saying "Please be neat, delete".

        Thanks for listening and sorry if I offended anyone.
        Sue
      • r2d21069
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
          Got ya. I hope this works. Never even knew that.

          Take care
        • marines bengoa
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2010
            Totally agree with you.