Re: No Subject

  • Evi Parissi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 11:42 AM
      Dear Diane,
      Thank you for taking the time to answer my message. I would love to have
      autographed copies of your books but by the time I received your message I
      had already ordered them from Amazon.com . I'm sure I'll enjoy both books.
      Evi

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1 5:32 PM
        Hello Marbling Friends,

        Just wanted to clarify that the suminagashi site is not mine, nor is the
        artwork an example of my suminagashi marbling. Someone has rather crudely
        paraphrased parts of my first marbling book and misspelled my name when
        showing a copy of THE ULTIMATE MARBLING HANDBOOK. (It's Maurer-Mathison) Hope
        to have a website showing my work with a link to my marbling supply business
        soon. By the way, in the good ole days we were so cavalier about the hazards
        of alum that when we or one of our students weren't sure which end of the
        alumed paper was up we'd stick our tongue on the sheet to taste the correct
        side. My current excuse for the CRS syndrome.....
      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1 6:22 PM
          so--i wonder who owns the site then?
          Jill

        • dkmaurer1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 6, 2002
            Hi Carol,

            I, too, found your post interesting....How long do you have to wait for the
            Createx holes to disappear? I have some Createx that is ten years old and
            still works fine, but the newer paints have more and more hole problems.
            When I complained and talked to the tech people, they replaced all the paint,
            but the new shipment had even larger holes, approaching swiss cheese size!
            Its been sitting around my studio for months, but still seems to have the
            problem. Someone (Laura perhaps?) mentioned that it might be due to an
            anti-foaming agent paint manufacturers sometimes put in. Now we need an anti
            anti-foaming agent.....

            Regards,
            Diane
          • leech541@aol.com