Re: [Marbling] Re: Introdution and question

  • Pod227
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2010
      Thanks Sue and Iris for your advices!
      Some time ago my grandma gave to me a box full of paints, brushes and other supplies (she painted with acrilycs and watercolors but now she uses oil colours). So I had everything at home but the metylcellulose, and when I've found that the best brand seems to be Pebeo I've bought only primary colours and white and black (I had at home only browns from a previous work)
      I agree about don't reinvent the wheel and that's why I've done some researches, but you know, doubts are behind every corner. :)

      At a second look in the "paint box" I've found ox-gall and pigments in little cans. I don't know the brand or type because my grandma took them from big jars at paint scool.
      At my second try I've had more satisfying results, with brighter colours and more definite designs. I've hadded ox-gall to my hard-to-float paints and I've had a good floating. Sometimes too much spreading of the colour... I've to work on the diluition :)
      I'm also understanding better how layers and colour condensation works.

      This week I'm going to try pigment powder. I have to admit that they scare me a little, I've looked for past subject in the list, and I hope I'll survive to them :).
      And overall I'll try with white fabric, not ecru!

      If you want to see my first results I've blogged about them with some photos, here: http://www.orkaloca.com/post/Marbling-fabrics-phase-5-results.aspx
      It's in italian but you can switch language in the right menu.

      every comment and advice is welcome :)

      Orkaloca di Silvia Dell'Aere
      http://www.orkaloca.com
      email: info@...