good video

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 10:36 AM
      This is a great video on marbling by twq ladies in Australia:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54OILOfT1bs

      there are several others on youtube also.

      Sometimes it's the luck of the draw on the colors sinking. If the paint is
      too thick or the size is too thin, they will sink. I have never heard of
      anything to make them come back up once they have sunk, but as long as they
      are below the surface of the size, they will not bother your pattern. Your
      best bet is to find someone over there who marbles and if not, there are two
      great dvd's that cover all the specifics about marbling. One is by Peggy
      Skycraft that can be ordered through www.dharmatrading.com and one by Mimi
      Schleicher that can be ordered directly from her.http://www.marbling.com/
      they both go through just everything there is about marbling with both
      carrageenan gum and methyl cellulose.

      Some people use ox gall, some people use Photo - Flo. The best place I have
      found is www.bhphotovideo.com to order it from. A large bottle will last
      you a long time, or perhaps you can find a photographer's studio over there
      to sell you some. Also, you have to learn your colors. Different brands
      and different colors work differently and sometimes it's your water or as
      some people say, "the time of the moon". One day everything will work
      great, and the next day, the same things will not cooperate. LOL

      That's all the time I have for now.
      Good Luck,
      Sue