Galen Berry Marbling workshops in Maine and New York

  • Stoffeez@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
      Hello all marblers!

      Galen Berry, will be in Maine and New York in April to teach his
      popular "Marbling with Paper and Fabric".... See the two classes
      listed below... He also will be making the trip to the West Coast
      this summer.. He will be in Portland, August 20th, a class sponsored
      through Art Media, the biggest art store in Portland. Then the next
      day he will have a class in McMinnville, Oregon (wine country in
      Oregon) at the Currents Gallery.

      Please visit the MarbleArt web page for more information on classes.
      http://MarbleArt.us

      Lincolnville, Maine (central seacoast)
      Beginning and Intermediate Classes:
      April 17 & 18, 2010
      Lincolnville Historical Society
      33 Beach Road, Lincolnville ME

      This is the first time we've ever done any classes in Maine!
      Lincolnville is in beautiful mid-coast Maine, 45 miles east of Augusta,
      90 miles east of Portland. It is just north of Rockland and Camden.

      This will be a two-day class, to be held on Saturday and Sunday from 10
      a.m. to 4 p.m.
      Students can sign up for either day or for both days. Beginners should
      take at least the first day, though most prefer to take both. If you
      already have some marbling experience or have taken a beginning class
      before, you can sign up for just the second day if you wish.
      To register, call Barbara Favicchia at 207-236-6558.

      New York City
      Beginning and Intermediate Classes:
      April 24 & 25, 2010
      Sponsored by The Ink Pad -- New York City's premiere rubber stamp shop.
      This will be a two-day class, to be held on a Saturday and Sunday
      from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the Chelsea area of Manhattan,
      at the WESTBETH COMMUNITY CENTER. The WestBeth Community Center is
      located at 55 Bethune Street (between 10th Avenue & Washington Street).

      To register, call the Ink Pad at: 212-463-9876
      Cost for each day is $125.00
      Students can sign up for either day or for both days. If you already
      have some marbling experience or have taken a beginning class before,
      you can sign up for just the second day if you wish.
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2010
        Galen is wonderful! We took a class last year when we were having all kinds
        of problems with the marbling. Galen was able to help us through some really
        tough times, and he is a fabulous teacher.

        Linda in Tucson
        --
        An Ancient Art Made Modern!
        Marble-T Design
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2010
          Galen is an excellent teacher. I took his 2 day class in Wisconsin a year or more ago. He is laid back calm. Taught us a million things and more designs than you could shake a stick at. It was excellent and super organized. The paper he uses is excellent with glues. Also for folding origami. If you're thinking about taking a class, this one is worth the price. Just seeing all his show-and-tell papers is awesome.