Re: [Marbling] surface treatments

  • dkmaurer1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 7:12 AM
      Jan,

      I'm glad you're enjoying the Boku Undo colors. Another way to protect the
      finish of marbled papers and keep them from rubbing or chalking is to spray
      them with a fixitive like Krylon or Blair workable matte fixative. The
      product is used by pastel and watercolor artists to protect artwork from
      smudging. I can't vouch for its being archival and it is noxious and should
      be used with a mask or outdoors. But it does dry clear and protects work
      nicely. It may also give your rice paper a better finish for origami folding.

      I can spray a piece of the paper and send you a sample if you want to try it.

      Best, Diane