supplies

  • suzi_elaine
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2010
      Hi my name is Sue, I'm from Cornwall, but now living in Germany and I'm having fun and games trying to find carrageenan or gum tragacanth, or at least methylcelluslose. I went into a large arts and craft shop last week, and explained to a shop assistant what I was looking for and what its used for. Well her face was a picture, I think she must have thought I had just dropped in from another planet. She or her work colleagues had never heard of anything like it. So my hunt is carrying on. I think Ive found something thats like methylcelluslose or I hope it is, will find out when I start to do some marbling. My main question is can anyone from the UK or here in Germany send me a link where I can buy at least one of these.
      Any help would be great
      Take care
      Sue
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2010
        Sue, you'll find all of these at www.kremer-pigmente.de or if it's small amounts at your local Apotheke (check prices, they depend on amount).
        Alternatively, look where Kremer's have either shops or artists' suppliers selling their wares.

        Methylcellulose also from Gabi Kleindorfer (supplier for paper restoration).

        Good luck
        Susanne Krause

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "suzi_elaine" <suzi_elaine@...> wrote:

        > Hi my name is Sue, I'm from Cornwall, but now living in Germany and I'm having fun and games trying to find carrageenan or gum tragacanth, or at least methylcelluslose. I went into a large arts and craft shop last week, and explained to a shop assistant what I was looking for and what its used for. Well her face was a picture, I think she must have thought I had just dropped in from another planet. She or her work colleagues had never heard of anything like it. So my hunt is carrying on. I think Ive found something thats like methylcelluslose or I hope it is, will find out when I start to do some marbling. My main question is can anyone from the UK or here in Germany send me a link where I can buy at least one of these.
        > Any help would be great
        > Take care
        > Sue

      • Antonio Velez Celemín
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2010
          Hello Sue,

          I don't know in Germany nor in England but in the Netherlands there is

          http://www.boektotaal.nl/

          which sells carrageenan, type "carra" on the search space and you'll got it.
          You can phone, they speak English and German, and of course Dutch.

          I'm planning to supply these products also, but not for the moment. If you
          will continue having problems and you are not on a hurry I can get methyl
          and tragacanth from a "Drogueria" in Madrid. It's a shop that sells quimical
          products and so on. Maybe you could have a look on shops like this in
          Germany, drugstore or chemist's, says my dictionary, but I'm not sure this
          was the correct name for this kind of shops.

          I hope this could help.

          Antonio

          2010/1/30 suzi_elaine <suzi_elaine@...>

          > Hi my name is Sue, I'm from Cornwall, but now living in Germany and I'm
          > having fun and games trying to find carrageenan or gum tragacanth, or at
          > least methylcelluslose. I went into a large arts and craft shop last week,
          > and explained to a shop assistant what I was looking for and what its used
          > for. Well her face was a picture, I think she must have thought I had just
          > dropped in from another planet. She or her work colleagues had never heard
          > of anything like it. So my hunt is carrying on. I think Ive found something
          > thats like methylcelluslose or I hope it is, will find out when I start to
          > do some marbling. My main question is can anyone from the UK or here in
          > Germany send me a link where I can buy at least one of these.
          > Any help would be great
          > Take care
          > Sue

        • jan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
            Hi Sue,
            Dave Allen , bookbinder from this group mentioned to me that he sells Carageenan.
            all the best
            Jan

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "suzi_elaine" <suzi_elaine@...> wrote:

            > Hi my name is Sue, I'm from Cornwall, but now living in Germany and I'm having fun and games trying to find carrageenan or gum tragacanth, or at least methylcelluslose. I went into a large arts and craft shop last week, and explained to a shop assistant what I was looking for and what its used for. Well her face was a picture, I think she must have thought I had just dropped in from another planet. She or her work colleagues had never heard of anything like it. So my hunt is carrying on. I think Ive found something thats like methylcelluslose or I hope it is, will find out when I start to do some marbling. My main question is can anyone from the UK or here in Germany send me a link where I can buy at least one of these.
            > Any help would be great
            > Take care
            > Sue

          • nihan buyuksezer
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2010
              Hi
              You can buy them from Turkey "ayanebru.com".Their tragacant is fine .
              Best wishes,
              Nihan "artnihan.com"