Re: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...

  • serra guney
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2001
      Dear Ms. Nadine
      There are marbling conferences in Istanbul at some visible dates.
      You can visit the web page of a marbling house in Istanbul "Ebristan".
      www.ebristan.com
      Good Luck & Best wishes
      Serra Guney (bookbinder)

      >From: eep@...
      >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
      >Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:01:12 -0000
      >
      >Hi,
      >
      >I have been marbling for a few years, and just heard about this list.
      >I do mostly acrylic paper marbling, and have just started venturing
      >into fabric marbling.
      >
      >I have two questions for you:
      >
      >1. Is there still a marbling conference held anually in Turkey, and
      >if so, where can I find out more info?
      >
      >2. Does anyone know of seminars, classes, or just good refernece
      >materials and supplies for suminigashi (sp?)>
      >
      >thanks - Nadine
      >www.cloudforest.net

    • Nadine Schaeffer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2001
        thank you Sarah ;)

        btw, I just started a non-adhesive bookbinding class last week - what a
        wonderful art!

        - Nadine

        > There are marbling conferences in Istanbul at some visible dates.
        > You can visit the web page of a marbling house in Istanbul "Ebristan".
        > www.ebristan.com
        > Good Luck & Best wishes
        > Serra Guney (bookbinder)
        >
        > >From: eep@...
        > >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
        > >Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:01:12 -0000
        > >
        > >Hi,
        > >
        > >I have been marbling for a few years, and just heard about this list.
        > >I do mostly acrylic paper marbling, and have just started venturing
        > >into fabric marbling.
        > >
        > >I have two questions for you:
        > >
        > >1. Is there still a marbling conference held anually in Turkey, and
        > >if so, where can I find out more info?
        > >
        > >2. Does anyone know of seminars, classes, or just good refernece
        > >materials and supplies for suminigashi (sp?)>
        > >
        > >thanks - Nadine
        > >www.cloudforest.net

      • serra guney
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2001
          Oh!!!
          What a beautiful art...
          I've heard it, but I haven't try it yet.
          May I learn the place where the class is continuing
          Best Regards
          Serra Guney

          >From: "Nadine Schaeffer" <eep@...>
          >To: <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
          >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:41:56 -0800
          >
          >thank you Sarah ;)
          >
          >btw, I just started a non-adhesive bookbinding class last week - what a
          >wonderful art!
          >
          >- Nadine

        • Nadine Schaeffer
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2001
            Hi Serra

            I am taking the Non-Adhesive Bookbinding Class at University of California
            Santa Cruz - the teach marvelous art workshops throughout the year.

            cheers - Nadine