Turkey trip

  • jharoldflowers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2010
      Hi all,
      I haven't ever posted anything in this group, but I love to read the threads. I'm not doing any marbling at the moment, but I would love to learn. I love anything to do with paper, especially print arts.
      My partner and I are going to Turkey in April for two weeks. Is there anyplace in the Kalakan/Kas area where I could see marbling being done? I would also like to pick up some paper, and possibly some other marbling supplies. What kind of paper is traditionally used?
      Unfortunately, we are not going to Istanbul, and we will only be traveling through Dalaman very quickly to get to Kalakan, but I might make it to Fethiye for a weekend.
      A good friend might be coming with us. He is also very interested in marbling, and we might between us, buy a few supplies and give it a go!
      I am very excited to be traveling to Turkey. I do hope I get to see this wonderful art 'live'!
      Thanks,
    • zozo7bra
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2010
        Merhaba,

        hicabi@... the site of Hicabi Gulgen, they are in Bursa, but not knowing exactly where you are going, I cannot give you an exact distance. Bursa is about 150 miles from Dalaman Airport.

        But Hical may be able to guide to someone closer to Fethiye.

        The way the kitre (marbling size) is prepared takes a few days, so you may need to inquire now to have somebody ready to do a demonstration.

        You will love Turkey and its people. I forgot, learn some Turkish before you, it will make thing a lot easier. Outside of Istanbul, it is a tad bit harder to find folks fluent in English. If you know German that may also be helpful, a few folks speak German.
        moomora

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "jharoldflowers" <jharoldflowers@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I haven't ever posted anything in this group, but I love to read the threads. I'm not doing any marbling at the moment, but I would love to learn. I love anything to do with paper, especially print arts.
        > My partner and I are going to Turkey in April for two weeks. Is there anyplace in the Kalakan/Kas area where I could see marbling being done? I would also like to pick up some paper, and possibly some other marbling supplies. What kind of paper is traditionally used?
        > Unfortunately, we are not going to Istanbul, and we will only be traveling through Dalaman very quickly to get to Kalakan, but I might make it to Fethiye for a weekend.
        > A good friend might be coming with us. He is also very interested in marbling, and we might between us, buy a few supplies and give it a go!
        > I am very excited to be traveling to Turkey. I do hope I get to see this wonderful art 'live'!
        > Thanks,

      • mehmet sinan akdeniz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2010
          You are going to South of Turkey and you may NOT find any EBRU makers in these 3 towns (most of them for tourist). There are many web pages sale anykind of Ebru supplies BUT keep in your mind we do NOT make any papers for Ebru we buy. I have a friend lives in Izmir and does very very good Ebru. His web page is
          www.nuripinar.com/ if you go his web page you will find really good EBRU's. He is THE ONE on the west coast of Turkey (my idea) Keep in touch with him I am sure that he can help your first EBRU art

          Regards and Have a great days in Turkey

          Sinan