New to List - a few questions ...

  • eep@cloudforest.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2001
      Hi,

      I have been marbling for a few years, and just heard about this list.
      I do mostly acrylic paper marbling, and have just started venturing
      into fabric marbling.

      I have two questions for you:

      1. Is there still a marbling conference held anually in Turkey, and
      if so, where can I find out more info?

      2. Does anyone know of seminars, classes, or just good refernece
      materials and supplies for suminigashi (sp?)>

      thanks - Nadine
      www.cloudforest.net
    • serra guney
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2001
        Dear Ms. Nadine
        There are marbling conferences in Istanbul at some visible dates.
        You can visit the web page of a marbling house in Istanbul "Ebristan".
        www.ebristan.com
        Good Luck & Best wishes
        Serra Guney (bookbinder)

        >From: eep@...
        >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
        >Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:01:12 -0000
        >
        >Hi,
        >
        >I have been marbling for a few years, and just heard about this list.
        >I do mostly acrylic paper marbling, and have just started venturing
        >into fabric marbling.
        >
        >I have two questions for you:
        >
        >1. Is there still a marbling conference held anually in Turkey, and
        >if so, where can I find out more info?
        >
        >2. Does anyone know of seminars, classes, or just good refernece
        >materials and supplies for suminigashi (sp?)>
        >
        >thanks - Nadine
        >www.cloudforest.net

      • Nadine Schaeffer
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2001
          thank you Sarah ;)

          btw, I just started a non-adhesive bookbinding class last week - what a
          wonderful art!

          - Nadine

          > There are marbling conferences in Istanbul at some visible dates.
          > You can visit the web page of a marbling house in Istanbul "Ebristan".
          > www.ebristan.com
          > Good Luck & Best wishes
          > Serra Guney (bookbinder)
          >
          > >From: eep@...
          > >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
          > >Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:01:12 -0000
          > >
          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >I have been marbling for a few years, and just heard about this list.
          > >I do mostly acrylic paper marbling, and have just started venturing
          > >into fabric marbling.
          > >
          > >I have two questions for you:
          > >
          > >1. Is there still a marbling conference held anually in Turkey, and
          > >if so, where can I find out more info?
          > >
          > >2. Does anyone know of seminars, classes, or just good refernece
          > >materials and supplies for suminigashi (sp?)>
          > >
          > >thanks - Nadine
          > >www.cloudforest.net

        • serra guney
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2001
            Oh!!!
            What a beautiful art...
            I've heard it, but I haven't try it yet.
            May I learn the place where the class is continuing
            Best Regards
            Serra Guney

            >From: "Nadine Schaeffer" <eep@...>
            >To: <Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Marbling] New to List - a few questions ...
            >Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:41:56 -0800
            >
            >thank you Sarah ;)
            >
            >btw, I just started a non-adhesive bookbinding class last week - what a
            >wonderful art!
            >
            >- Nadine

          • Nadine Schaeffer
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2001
              Hi Serra

              I am taking the Non-Adhesive Bookbinding Class at University of California
              Santa Cruz - the teach marvelous art workshops throughout the year.

              cheers - Nadine