Re: [Marbling] Acrylic Frame Trays & a Question

  • Mary Holland
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
      Hi-

      I've been using the blanks from Dharma Trading. Most are well done, but some
      are done with polyester thread. I dye my scarves first before marbling and
      polyester thread doesn't dye. When they are marbled, the polyester thread is
      painted by the marbling. I've done some hand rolled hems and I agree about
      the larger stitches. If you have a serger or fancy sewing machine, you can
      do rolled hems with those.

      Mary Holland

      On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:44 AM, dguff <dguff@...> wrote:

      > 25 years ago the scarves from Exotic Silks were perfect (tiny little
      > stitches for the rolled hem), but as the years went by, the stitches got
      > larger and larger. Think of the time it takes to hand roll and stitch a
      > scarf and how very little pay the worker got - if they were getting paid by
      > the piece, then larger stitches become a factor, more scarves in less time.
      > I'm sorry, I don't have another supplier to suggest.
      >
      > d. guffey

      Mary Holland
      @marysmarbling@...

    • artsycole
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
        the scarves I use are from Dharma trading and the hem issue seems to be the luck of the draw. I "quality control" check them on the final ironing and some are fine and some have only a few stitches that have come apart, and the worst have a 2 -4" gap, so I set those aside and fix them while I am watching tv or booth sitting.
        HTH
        Sue