Re: [Marbling] marblers gathering

  • Carole Floate
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hi all,

      I am a woodturner that marbles on my wood pieces.  I would be interested in attending and/or participating in this event as a demonstrator.

      Could I get more specific info to see if there is a chance that I can get involved?

      Thanks,

      Carole A. Floate
      CF Turnings
      200 W. Witchwood Lane
      Lake Bluff, IL 60044
      P 847-295-2631
      F 847-295-2675

      From: athena_2547 <athena_2547@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [Marbling] marblers gathering
      To: Marbling@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 11:40 PM

      Hello,

      I would like to propose Boston as the site of the next marblers

      gathering, for fall 2010 or spring 2011.

      I will volunteer to be the site coordinator, having never been able to

      attend a gathering advice from past co-ordinators would be appreciated.

      The Boston Paper Collective <http://www.bostonpa percollective. com>

      studio in Charlestown could house a gallery show, lectures and

      demonstrations. There are several amazing collections of marbled and

      decorated papers in Boston. The museum of fine arts, the Houghton

      library at Harvard, the Harvard museums, the Boston Public Library print

      room and rare books, the Berger collection. All of these sites are

      accessible by public transit and Boston has lodging ranging from bed and

      breakfasts, to youth hostels. Outside of the city there are many book

      arts related attractions in western mass, as well as the crane company

      museum, and the museum of printing in North Andover.

      ~Melinda Cross

      bostonpapercollecti ve@gmail. com