Re: [Marbling] Brand new member & marbler

  • Evi Parissi
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2001
      Welcome Mary Lou,
      I love using metallic paints and have tried Winsor & Newton imitation gold,
      and silver gouache tubes with great success. Not all papers hold the
      metallic paints though. Fabriano Tiziano and Fabriano Ingres do and I use
      them most of the times.
      As far as suppliers are concerned I have bought carrageenan, ox gall and
      alum from Colophon and have been very pleased with them.
      I make my own combs and rakes with balsa wood and nails, or dressmaker pins
      but I believe that a store bought nonpareil comb is something you should buy
      for more detailed work.
      Good luck,

      Evi Parissi
      home page: http://www.geocities.com/evibol