Re: [Marbling] Re: new and obsessed

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 21, 2009
      I do sell by the pound, but you could be better off going to Pro Chemicals and Inks or Dharma for bulk amounts. After shipping small amounts, the postal rates are so high you can nearly double it, actually maybe more than double the cost. Get either Aluminum Sulphate or Aluminum Potassium sulphate. Both work. Not other kinds though, don't work so well as these.

      Iris NEvin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 21, 2009
        Thank you so much

        I had read that alum could be bought at any grocery store so, I started looking... took me ages to find it .... @ superstore all they had was the "clubhouse" kind for $2.99 for 65 g and walmart had the same for $2.75... ouch!.... the manufacturer was kind enough to tell me what kind of alum it was but still it's too much money...I will get it likely from the same places as everyone else does.
        I also noticed that people like to use Golden acrylics so I looked at those and found them to be very expensive...maybe down the road when I get better at marbling I will try that brand.

        Zahra