How many gallons?

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 12, 2009
      Hi, All,
      Last night I weighed out the caragheenan I have: 8 and about 1/8th
      teaspoons (a tad less than 3 tablespoons) of caragheenan weighed out to one ounce.
      This amount would be added to one gallon of water. My scale is measures to
      0.01 Gm, and converts to ounces or other weight systems.

      In a previous note I mentioned that 1 ounce of methylcel is 3-1/2
      tablespoons of the powder. This amount is put into a gallon of water, along with a
      teaspoon of clear ammonia, and perhaps a teaspoon of vinegar to return the
      solution to a neutral pH. I might mention that I often add a little more
      ammonia, as my water is often near a pH of about 6, and the 1 teaspoon of ammonia
      is not enough to raise the pH to keep the M/C in suspension.

      HTH!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis