Re: [Marbling] Re: How many gallons?

  • marines bengoa
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 10, 2009
      Aren't fluid ounces for liquid measurments?

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2009
        when you measure the methocel powder, it is in it's dry state, so you would measure 2 tablespoons to equazl one ounce of powder to mix into a gallon of water if that's what you are asking. Some people use grams and measure it on a little scale, but I'd have to look it up again to see how many grams equal one ounce.
        HTH
        Sue

        PS I got some kind of message from someone in arabic, but my computer does not convert arabic to english so I couldn't answer it.
        Sorry

      • Sue Cole

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 12, 2009
            Hi, All,
            Last night I weighed out the caragheenan I have: 8 and about 1/8th
            teaspoons (a tad less than 3 tablespoons) of caragheenan weighed out to one ounce.
            This amount would be added to one gallon of water. My scale is measures to
            0.01 Gm, and converts to ounces or other weight systems.

            In a previous note I mentioned that 1 ounce of methylcel is 3-1/2
            tablespoons of the powder. This amount is put into a gallon of water, along with a
            teaspoon of clear ammonia, and perhaps a teaspoon of vinegar to return the
            solution to a neutral pH. I might mention that I often add a little more
            ammonia, as my water is often near a pH of about 6, and the 1 teaspoon of ammonia
            is not enough to raise the pH to keep the M/C in suspension.

            HTH!
            Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis