Re: [Marbling] marbling issues - white spots and sinking residue

  • marines bengoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hi Suzy,

      I marble on fabric but the technique is the same . You shouldn't worry about the size getting dark. What matters is that the surface remains transparent. Yo can  easily see this if you lower your head at tray level. The newspaper strip used to skim the surface must be the same width of the tray. Take the strip by each corner   and starting at one end of the tray, slant the strip a little bit and skim al the way through. When you reach the opposite edge paste the strip to the tray wall and pull it up. Are you doing your marbling outside?   That could add dust to the size. I do my marbling in my terrace and on windy days I get a little bit more dust than usual.

      There is a DVD by Peggy Skycraft, Mastering Marbling that shows how to do this. www.dharmatrading.com has the best prize that I have seen so far. Hope this helps.